Society Prize | CACN
The CACN President’s Prize is awarded for the best expanded abstract in pediatric neuroscience by a resident or fellow.
- The President’s Prize will consist of:
- Presentation of your work during the Grand Plenary session at the Congress
- A Prize Certificate
- $500 cash
- Full registration to the Congress
- Travel to the Congress (economy fare)
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- Additional $250 prize awards may be presented
NOW ACCEPTING SOCIETY PRIZE SUBMISSIONS
General Requirements for all CACN Prize Submissions
- Contestants must be a member in good standing with any one of the six Societies of the CNSF; as a Junior member or an Active member within two years of receiving their certificate. (Become a Member | CNSF)
- Contestants need not be the sole authors, but should have been primarily responsible for the work being presented.
- Contestants must submit a letter from their program chair indicating that the work was done by the resident and was principally the work of that resident.
- Contestants must submit a small biography which indicates where the candidate is in their residency or in a diploma program, and listing other work that he/she has done.
- Contestants must submit a structured abstract, expanded up to, but not exceeding 3 pages, which is to include any figures, tables, and necessary references. Submissions longer than 3 pages of single spaced typing will not be considered. The format followed should consist of Background, Materials and Methods, Results, and Conclusions. The authors should bear in mind, in the background section, that not all judges will be experts in the subject of the research paper.
- Those submitting an expanded abstract for a Society Prize must also submit their basic abstract to the CNSF Congress, as instructed in the Call for Abstracts.
- The Congress Abstract submission process is independent from the Society Prize submission process.
- Society Prize submissions accepted by email ONLY, on or before January 31, 2022
- Clearly indicate name of Society Prize you are submitting for; CACN President's Prize
- Include title of expanded abstract and the 'basic abstract number' submitted to the CNSF Congress
- Submissions should be sent as three separate PDF files label: last name_
- 'Letter' from program chair
- 'Expanded Abstract' (not exceeding 3 pages)
Applicants for this prize should send their submissions to:
Canadian Association of Child Neurology