Call for Society Prizes | CNSF Congress
2021 CNSF Congress Cancelled
COVID-19 Update | September 10, 2021
We have been diligently monitoring the rise in Covid-19-Delta and the resulting safety concerns for our October 2021 Congress Chairs, Speakers, delegates and all other Congress participants.
Many of the folks mentioned above have also expressed their concerns and several have withdrawn their participation.
The CNSF Board has decided to cancel the October Congress and move the Program to the QE in Montreal, June 26 to 29, 2022. This was a difficult decision but one that we felt was necessary in order to ensure the safety of all.
There are, obviously, many things we have to sort out going forward and these will be dealt with in the upcoming days and weeks including Abstracts, Prize Winners and Congress Poster Stations. Please watch your email for further communications.
Thank you for your support and understanding.
Note: Those who have already registered for the Congress will receive full refunds from the Registration office at Intertask Conferences.
CNSF members have the opportunity to win valuable society prizes by submitting 'Abstracts' to the Congress as well as an 'Expanded Abstracts' to the society prize competitions.
There are multiple first place prizes available to Junior Members or an Active Member within two years of receiving their certificate. Each valued at approximately $2500.
Winners have the privilege of presenting their work at the Grand Plenary, alongside our Distinguished Guest Lecturers, during the Congress. Prize winners’ will be announced in the Neuro|News newsletter, in the Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences and on the CNSF website.
$500 second place prizes and additional subsidiary prizes may be awarded.
Rules governing all Society Prize Submissions
- Authors are invited to submit an expanded abstract, on or before April 30, 2021
- Contestants must be a member in good standing with any one of the six Societies of the CNSF; as a Junior member or an Active member within two years of receiving their certificate. (Become a Member | CNSF)
- The same person may submit on different topics for the same prize
- The same expanded abstract may not be submitted to more than one Society
- Submissions must be provided in PDF format
- Those submitting an expanded abstract for a Society Prize must also submit their basic abstract to the CNSF Congress, on the official online abstract submission site.
- The Congress Abstract submission process is independent from the Society Prize submission process.
- Prize submissions accepted by email ONLY
- Clearly indicate name of Society Prize you are submitting for
- Submissions must be submitted as three separate PDF files label: last name_
- 'Letter' from their program chair
- 'Expanded Abstract' (include abstract number)
- CNSF will send a receipt of confirmation within 5 business days.
- If you do not receive a receipt of confirmation after 6 business days please contact the CNSF at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Canadian Neurological Society (CNS)
The Canadian Neurosurgical Society (CNSS)
The Canadian Society of Clinical Neurophysiologists (CSCN)
The Canadian Association of Child Neurology (CACN)
The Canadian Society of Neuroradiology (CSNR)